· Any 2D shape may be machined
· Maximum Part Size: 55" x 100"
· Maximum Part Thickness: Typically 2" to 4" thick
Up to 10" thick may be cut, but may be cost-prohibitive.
· Tolerances: +/- 0.003" for parts under 1 ' long
+/- 0.005" for parts over 1' long
· Minimum inside radius: 0.015"
· Minimum slot width (kerf): 0.030"
· Minimum hole diameter: 0.030" in mat'ls up to .250", a bit larger in thicker mat'l
Tips to Control Cost:
- Supply a clean .DXF CAD file, with no overlapping elements or gaps in the geometry. Include a 1" square to avoid scaling errors.
· Use Quality 4 and 5 sparingly. Save them for where the highest precision and
smoothest finish are necessary.
· Limit the number of holes in the part. Many pierces can add a lot of run time.
· Avoid sharp inside corners where possible. They take more time, since the jet must stop momentarily to allow the tail to catch up before changing direction.
· Use to cut complex parts to finished or near-net shape, such as gears.
· Use to cut through-holes for tapping or reaming, or to centerpunch locations for subsequent machining operations.
· Use tight part nesting to save on material costs.